If you liked this video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Click “Show More” to see the how-to plus all the tools and materials.
To see more of our how to videos and get our printable how-tos for each one, go over to Curious.com and try a subscription. (We get a bounty if you do! Whoo hoo!) Here’s a 20% off coupon in this link. http://tinyurl.com/CURIOUSTEACHER20 If you haven’t tried Curious, it’s awesome. Tons of great teachers and lessons in just about everything!
Our blog is www.RunningWithSisters.com. It is loaded with DIY crafts, jewelry tutorials, and all kinds of gift crafts to make.
How To Make Cappuccino Milk Bath
Here’s a fun spa craft to make and give as a gift: Cappuccino Milk Bath! We inspired to make this Cappuccino Milk Bath by the bottle. We bought some bottles of Starbuck’s Frappuccino at the supermarket. It is packaged in cute little milk bottles! At first we thought we’d just use the bottles for a milk bath craft, then we thought we should make Cappuccino Milk Bath! We also made a little label to go with the cappuccino milk bath.
Spa crafts are easy to make for gifts because you can do them in batches. The recipe in the video is for one 9.5 ounce bottle, but you can adjust it.
Here’s the recipe if you want to write it down:
Recipe For Cappuccino Milk Bath
8 Tbsp. Powdered Milk
4 Tbsp. Baking Soda
4 Tbsp. Corn Starch
4 Tbsp. Instant Coffee
5 Drops Vanilla Essential Oil
To Label The Bottle You’ll Need:
Printed Out Label (available at RunningWithSisters.com)
Clear Packing Tape
Here are the written instructions for the Cappuccino Milk Bath:
Powdered Milk (Instant Dry Milk)
Vanilla Essential Oil
Instant Coffee or Espresso
Bottle (Ours is a 9.5 ounce bottle recycled from a Starbucks Frappuccino.)
Ivory Spray Paint
Label (print out)
Other Supplies You Might Already Have
Nail Polish Remover Pad (optional)
Here’s What To Do
1. Wash the bottle and remove the label. Remove the sell-by date with a nail polish remover pad. Let the bottle dry completely.
2. Measure 4 tablespoons of powdered milk onto the cutting board and roll with a rolling pin to crush it. Place into mixing bowl. Repeat with another 4 tablespoons of powdered milk.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of corn starch and 4 tablespoons of baking soda to your mixture in the bowl.
4. Measure 4 tablespoons of instant coffee. Place it on the cutting board and roll over it with the rolling pin. Add to mixing bowl.
5. Add 5 drops of vanilla essential oil to the milk bath mixture in the mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients to blend them completely.
6. Spoon the mixture into the bottle. Fill the bottle leaving 1” below the lid. Spoon uncrushed powdered milk into the top of the bottle to look like foam on top.
7. Spray paint the bottle top ivory or white and let dry. Then place it on top of the bottle.
8. Print out the label and cut it out. Set the label on your worktable face up. Tear off a 6” piece of clear packing tape and pick up the label with the center of the tape. Lay the bottle down and wrap the label and tape around the sides of the jar.
And that’s all there is to it!
Remember if you run into any questions while you’re making your Cappuccino Milk Bath, you can post it in the comments. We’ll reply. We’re here to help!
Jennifer & Kitty
If you enjoy this lesson, you might also like these videos:
How To Make A Scented Flower Sachet
How To Make A Big Loopy Bow
How To Make A Ribbon Rose
How To Make Sugar Scrub Soaps From Melt and Pour Soap
Let’s stay in touch!
Post time: Jun-26-2017